Hello everyone and before I get into everything that I will be discussing in this thread, I just want to say "thank you Mike for creating this forum". Now lets get down to business starting with ideas for the next patch, following concerns about Cursed Loot in general.
Ideas for the next patch or future patches
1. Boss/Bosses- I would love to see a Boss/Bosses round in Cursed Loot. Maybe you can add a boss on every ten floors (you would face a boss on floor 10, then on floor 20 and so on and so forth). If you defeat a boss, they will drop some Loot. Here is an example of what I mean,
Easy- Bosses drop money and 1 liquid experience potion.Normal- Bosses drop money, 1 liquid experience and one random equipment.Epic- Bosses drop money, 1 liquid experience and one random Epic equipment.
2. New enemies- I would love to see some new enemies, especially the Mimic Box enemy (It is my author name after all, lol). Anyway, if you do add the mimic box enemy in Cursed Loot then the Mimic Box should be in one of the many item chest that appear from time to time (not the gold chest but the brown chests).
3. Coop- I know that this most likely will not make it in Cursed Loot (Maybe it is possible) but I would love to see a coop mode. Even if it is only 2 player coop, I would love to see it in Cursed Loot (if you do add a coop mode in Cursed Loot, please have it be online so that people can meet other people who are fans of the game).
4. New equipment item and a added equipment slot- I have an idea for a new equipment item called Boots which will be for the new added equipment slot called feet. What boots do is add a little to defense and adds a little more speed to your character.
5. More floors- I would like to see at least 20 more floors added to Cursed Loot. This will add to Cursed Loot's already amazing replay value and fun factor.
Now to my concern about Cursed Loot.
1. Health Regeneration- I love Cursed Loot and through my many adventures in Cursed Loot (now with the added skills), I have run into a problem. I find that the Health Regeneration skill is a most in Cursed Loot and I am finding myself spending my skill points on Health regeneration instead of the other skills especially with the 4 new skills that were just added. If I may suggest, I would remove the skill "Health Regeneration" and have it be placed on every character by default (Health Regeneration will go up 1 every 5 levels you gain). I feel that this will not only allow other skills to be used more but it would also allow players to really get the chance to use the 4 new skills more effectively. If you do use this method and remove Health Regeneration skill and add it as default for all characters a new skill should be added for the Goblin and for the other characters called "Persuasive". I will explain on what it does
Persuasive- Allows the character to do better during "Encounters" (for example, 1 point will be 10%, 2 points will be 20% and so on and so forth).
I feel that "Persuasive" would fit the Goblin a lot more better then "Health Regeneration" because Goblins are known to be very sneaky, clever and also very Persuasive when they want something that they desire.
That is it for now. I will post more as I play through Cursed Loot a lot more. Thank you everyone for reading.
Thanks for the great ideas and comments. I do agree that regen is a somewhat neccessary skill, but this actually just makes me want to add an awardment for winning w/o using Regen. :) Let me think about this stuff a bit more.
No problem Mike, I am glad that I can help. I have another concern about the stat boost skill. I personally feel that the "Stat Boost" skill is absolutely pointless and I will explain why. Stat Boost sounded awesome when I first seen it but after I fully upgraded it, I realized that it really didn't do all to much in the end (adding only 10 points in total to each stat is not really that much of a difference in my opinion). I am not sure on how you feel about Stat Boost but I know that it is something that I will not be spending my points on anymore (I still have to do the "Jack of all trades" awardment) . I just wanted to let you know from my point of view because there might be many people who might feel the same way as I do about Stat Boost. Maybe you might be able to replace it with the skill "Persuasive" that I came up with as "Persuasive" would have a bigger role in Cursed Loot and would be a lot more helpful when it comes to Encounters. This is only my opinion on this and hope that you do not feel that I am trying to force new ideas on you but I figured that you should know from a different point of view.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that there is no edit option after you have made a thread/post on the forums. A edit option would be very helpful so that it would condense the threads/posts and correct some spelling/other mistakes that were made during the creation of threads/posts. Thank you everyone for reading and lets keep giving the feedback so Eyehook games can become a major powerhouse in the video game industry. Keep up the good work Mike :).
I second the notion of bosses. I also think having one every 10 floors makes perfect sense. I would have them be drawn at random or course and just have them level with the character, never getting the same one twice. The player should be forced to beat the boss. Perhaps the stairs will be locked and the boss will drop a key along with some loot. This should keep the script work lite.
I also like the idea of a Sneak/Thief-type character that can drop traps. Once an enemy steps on it, it would explode dealing damage all around. Having an archer character would be great but might be hard to code, so this would give the players an option for a character that can deal damage from a distance.
I think 50 levels is enough if bosses and other stuff is added. I say simply make each level bigger and more maze-like. Perhaps add locked doors that require keys or for levers to be pulled. As it stands the game is all about combat, but if you added a puzzle element to it, even if just simple puzzles, I think it would generate great depth.
For a buck i cannot ask for more, but if you were to add more stuff and somehow coop, I know I would pay 3-5 dollars for it.
As an extremely minor detail, when you use a teleport scroll, there is no way to back out of the "Up a level/Down a level/nearest shop" menu if you change your mind. Just something for the next update.
Thanks for making such a great game!
Good point! I'll definitely add that onto the list.
on the list of what C.M.B. said i think there should actually be a percentaged drop rate on the loot
Easy - Boss drops (100% Chance of Gold,75% Chance of Liquid Exp.,5% Chance of EpicEqp.)Normal - Boss drops (80% Chance of Gold,50% Chance of Liquid Exp.,2.5% Chance of Epic Eqp.)Epic - Boss drops (everything is doubled cept epic&Enchantment scrolls,60% Chance of Gold,25% Chance of Liquid Exp.,1% Chance of Epic Eqp.,100% Chance of Either Armor or Weapon Enchantment scroll)
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.